Below is a list of documents that are normally required when applying for a mortgage loan. Your loan officer will tell you if any additional documents are needed. Help speed up your approval by getting these documents together now, so you will be ready to close your loan right away.
EMPLOYMENT INCOME DOCUMENTS:
IF YOU ARE A SALARIED EMPLOYEE:
• W-2 forms for the most recent 2 years.
• Payroll stubs for the past 30 days (showing year-to-date earnings).
• Most recent three months bank statements including checking, savings, any mutual funds, stocks, and/or any retirement accounts.
IF YOU ARE SELF-EMPLOYED OR RECEIVE COMMISSIONS.
You will be asked to document your income with your most recent two years individual, business and corporate tax returns. In addition, we will need your year-to-date profit and loss statement.
NON-EMPLOYMENT RELATED DOCUMENTS:
Rental Income: Federal tax returns for the past two years along with your rental agreements.
Retirement/Social Security: Award letter, tax returns, or bank statements if direct-deposit.
Alimony/Child Support: Divorce decree/separation agreement along with proof of payment.
Interest Dividends: Federal tax returns for the past two years.
Other Income: Provide appropriate documentation.
Most recent three months bank statements including checking, savings, any mutual funds, stocks, and or any retirement accounts, both personal and business.
IF YOU ARE RE-FINANCING:
• Copy of homeowner’s hazard insurance policy.
• Copy of property tax bill.
• Copy of survey (if available).
• Mortgage statement showing account number of loan.
IF YOU ARE BUYING:
• Sales & Purchase agreement (signed by both buyer and seller).
• Condos and PUDs may require additional documentation.